TGN Tech Support - Outlook Search Function

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Tech Support - Outlook Search Function

Hey Nuts - I hope everyone had a safe weekend,

I use Outlook for my emails. Over the past few weeks I've noticed my "search" function isn't pulling up all of the e-mails that it should. It pulls up info from months ago, but anything sent or received in the past month will not show up in the search.

Example:

I search for an email from a certain address, one that I send and receive a lot of communication with. Say the email is "golf@golf.com". When I type "golf@" in the search function (inbox or sent) it brings up a few results, but nothing recent.... say in the past week.

I know I've sent or received an email from this address, so I go to my inbox and find the email from a few days ago, without using the search function. Not a big deal for emails from a few days ago, but if I need something from a month, two or three ago I'm not spending the time to find that email.

I've tried rebuilding the search index (something the internet suggested) and that didn't help.

I know the email is sitting there, but the search function doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

"It took me 17 years to get 3000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
    --Hank Aaron

If you are looking for an email from a specific address, go to the view tab and sort by sender. You can then quickly find that address in the alphabetical list. I also set my view so that the category the inbox is sorted by starts out with categories collapsed. That makes it easy to scroll through a high number of emails to find what I need.
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X